Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Final Date

Well after a long fight to get a big city in Japan, trying first for Nagoya and then for Hiroshima, I've finally landed a position in a city called Okayama. I can't find too much information about the city, but I was surprised to find that even though it's not considered a very big city it still has around 650,000 people. It has a castle and one of Japan's three famous gardens, but I'm pretty pumped for the Naked Man festival held there in February. People run around in traditional underwear and then at midnight some priests throw two rods into the audience. Sounds pretty tight to me, those rods are mine. The more I think about it, even though I would still love to live in a huge city, it might be good to live in a little less crazy place at first. I don't know the language and I think that getting used to my surroundings and getting around on my own will be a little easier in a less hectic place. Japan is so small, and Okayama is on a main train line, that I can easily make a day trip almost anywhere so I think things ended up working pretty well. I just went to a figure drawing thing called Dr. Sketchy's in Minneapolis recently so I'll post up the goofy drawings of roller derby girls I did there plus a few other things sometime soon. Oh, and my final departure date is October 10th, it's coming up real fast.

6 comments:

Al Prudic-Dennis said...

yeeaaa... have fun in oklahoma grabbing those rods.. (dooshbag)... naw i'm playing with you dawg. have a good ol' time and hollatchaboy!

jdl said...

keep in touch with us, professor fuller. send us pix of your future bride. grope some pole where no man has groped poles before. captain's log, keep it stank fresh, over and out.

Buster said...

Buy a lot of cool art books. Then send them to me.

Wayne said...

You know you can set this up so that the comments from your blog are emailed to you.

Buster said...

Yes, email. Think about the possibilities.

jdl said...

while thinking, also take time to consider for a moment your life and the many ways it equates to failure.