Monday, December 29, 2008

On the Shinkansen to Tokyo...

So it's been a really long time and once again I have to say that I don't have much to show since I haven't scanned any of my new sketches, but I have been working pretty hard on this months 11 second club animation. So check it out and give me some feedback if you have the chance.


11 Second Club December Comp from Paul Fuller on Vimeo.

But other than that, I'm really pumped for this New Years. Me and Joe are going to Tokyo for like four days and hitting the city hard. We've both saved up money so we don't have to hold back at all, and now that the day has finally come, its all I can think about. On New Year's Day we have the chance to see the royal family at the Imperial Palace, which only opens up twice a year to the public so I think that's going to be pretty awesome. Also, we plan to be in a fancy bar at the top of one of the tallest buildings in Tokyo sipping champagne when the ball hits. There's so much to do, and just being in Tokyo, a place I've looked at photos of for the last five years, is going to be a crazy experience. I'll definitely have some photos and some good stories to tell once I get back, but for now I just thought I'd update with something while I post up my entry for the competition.

2 comments:

andrew.hake said...

god I love that movie so much. nice Max for Maya customization and little environment.

you have some nice camera work going on there as well, some very well composed shots.

I think his animation could be just a little more exagerated, there are a few moments where he seems very very still. although he kind of was in the film. You got a lot of emtion of that wierd looking face on her, but the actress that played her in the film beats Max for Maya anyday, she is fantastic.

oh, you will love Tokyo, I only spent 3 days there but it was a trifecta, there are so many cities within the city and each one has it's own little worlds as well.

go to Studio 4C!

I think Claudia and I may be able to go to Siggraph Asia in Japan at the end of next year, she already has the connections to go to Siggraph from her student work, I am looking to do the same in New Orleans then hopefully be able to work with her in Japan, I really hope that happens.

and one last thing, I bought a domain and some hosting space so my blog url is now: www.andrewandoru.com so spread the word in Japan.

good to hear from you again sir.

またね!

jdl said...

The hands are way lifeless.

Girl in chair does not appear natural.

...

So far, you've done clips of:

A humorous depiction of a child with disability.

A man insulting his fellow people.

A man yelling at a woman.